3rd Annual Meeting
The SUSTAIN 3d Annual Meeting took place in Tromsø on 29-31 January 2018.
Thanks everyone for a great meeting!
You can find info on reimbursements here.
How to get there
From the airport, the hotel can easily be reached either by:
- It will cost you about 150-200 kr depending on the time of your arrival
FLYBUSSEN – Airport express bus:
- It will cost 72 kr (104 incl. return) (https://www.flybussen.no/billett/#/reise/til/tromsø-flyplass/tos)
- The bus is easily seen right outside of the terminal and that takes you in town close to the hotel
- Take the 42 direction "SENTRUM"
- The bus stop is on “flyplassvegen”, directly on the street below the first parking lot that is in front of the terminal (about 100-150 meters down from the terminal towards the fjord)
- The buses can be expensive if you don't have a ticket before hand (50 kr), but you can download the app to buy your ticket directly and it will be 35 kr (http://www.tromskortet.no/?lang=en_GB)
Feel free to reach the following organisers if needed.
Filippo +47 91 17 39 62
Jarad +47 92 26 24 50
Nigel +47 91 61 61 94
Sandra +47 48 27 88 44
Monday 29 January 2018 (Day 1)
1200-1245 Arrival and lunch
1245-1300 Welcome: Nils Chr. Stenseth, Bernt-Erik Sæther and Rolf A. Ims
1300 Opening of the Science-to-Science session
1300-1500 Theme 1 - chaired by Øystein Langangen:
Effects of environmental change, harvesting, and their interactions on "Dynamics of structured populations"
1500-1520 Coffee / tea / snacks break
1520-1545 Georgina Mace (15+10 min)
"Towards a resilient ecological network: a case study from national plans in England"
1545-1630 John Fryxell (30+15 min)
"How supply and demand drive critical transition to dysfunctional fisheries"
1630-1645 Coffee / tea / snacks break
1645-1845 Theme 2 - chaired by John André Henden / Aline Lee:
Effects of environmental change, harvesting, and their interactions on "Species interactions within and between trophic levels"
1930 Dinner at Arctandria - Meet in the lobby from 19h for a drink
Tuesday 30 January 2018 (Day 2)
0800-1000 Theme 3 - chaired by Joël Durant / Ivar Herfindal:
Effects of environmental change, harvesting, and their interactions on "Spatial patterns and dynamics of species and their environment"
1000-1020 Coffee / tea / snacks break
1020-1050 Christian Damgaard (20+10 min)
Spatio-temporal structural equation modeling in a hierarchical Bayesian framework: wet heathlands
1050-1145 SUSTAIN book (Nils Chr. Stenseth)
1230-1400 General discussion - chaired by Nigel Yoccoz:
What have we not answered yet, and what has been done to answer the general aim of SUSTAIN
1400-1415 Conclusion of the Science-to-Science session (Nils Chr Stenseth)
1415-1430 Coffee / tea / snacks break
1430-1440 Opening of the Science-to-Policy session (Sandra Hamel)
1440-1540 John Linnell (45+15 min)
"Teeth, claws, laws, hearts and minds: what is shaping the future for large mammals and their ecosystems in Europe?"
1540-1630 Presentation of the strategic foresight achieved/planed for the three cases not discussed in a specific workshop
• Svalbard reindeer (Torkild Tveraa, 10 min)
• Mjøsa (Øystein Langangen, 10 min)
• Moose and boreal forest (Ivar Herfindal, 30 min)
1630-1645 Coffee / tea / snacks break
1645-1845 Workshop 1 – Ptarmigan case (chair: John André Henden)
1900 Dinner at Fiskekompaniet
Wednesday 31 January 2018 (Day 3)
0800-1000 Workshop 2 – Barents Sea case (chair: Joël Durant)
1000-1015 Coffee / tea / snacks break
1015-1215 Workshop 3 – Svalbard case (chair: Eva Fuglei)
1300-1445 Workshop 4 – Invasive species case (chair: Rolf Ims)
1445-1500 Conclusion of the Science-to-Policy session (Rolf A. Ims)
* See detailed program sent around by email.
Confirmed attendees (so far)
Aline Magdalena Lee
Brage Bremset Hansen
Einar J. Asbjørnsen
Francisco Javier Cao García
Ingar Jostein øien
Javier Jarillo Díaz
Marlene Wæge Stubberud
Nils Christian Stenseth
Rolf A. Ims
Åshild Ønvik Pedersen
- if you have access to the HR-portalen, scan your receipts and boarding cards and send everything electronically through the portal;
- otherwise, send the forms and all original receipts along with boarding cards to the address below:
Avdeling for regnskap
University of Oslo
P.O. Box 1032 Blindern
If you have any problem, please contact Gudrun Moen (+47 22 85 44 10)